Here you will find the steps involved to transfer domain name from one registrar to another.If you have couple of domain names, it is better to keep all of them in a single registrar.
Below mentioned steps are common and can be applied to all the top domain registrars.
1. Purchase Domain Transfer At The Your New Registrar
Normally if you purchase a domain transfer, your new registrar will let you to keep all the time remaining on your existing registration and provide One-Year free extension. After the purchase of domain transfer, your domain at the new registrar will require an Authorization Code. Your new registrar will send an email to you which contains “Transaction ID” and “Security Code”.
2. Request Authorization Code At Current Registrar
Login to your current registrar account and request for Authorization Code. But remember you should have turned off the domain protection or your domain should be unlocked before requesting the authorization code from the current registrar.
3. Authorization Code Received From Current Registrar
You will receive an email from current registrar with “Authorization Code”. Now you can begin the domain transfer from the new registrar using the authorization code. Login to your new registrar and begin the transfer process. Then the new registrar will display the status as “Authorization Required” and choose “ Begin Transfer Authorization”(Recommended).
Now enter the authorization code that you received from the current registrar through mail and complete the process. After completing this step, the status will be displayed as “Pending Current Registrar approval” and choose “Accept transfer at current registrar” (Recommended).
4. Email Notification From Current Registrar
After completing all these steps, you will receive an email from your current registrar confirming your transfer request. You don’t need to take any action if you want to accept the transfer. If you wish to cancel the transfer, follow the link provided in the email.
You will receive an email like this:
"We received notification on November 5, 2008 5:11:27 PM EDT that you have requested to transfer to another domain name registrar. If you would like to proceed with this transfer you do not need to respond to this message…..…..If we do not hear from you by November 10, 2008 5:11:27 PM EDT, this transfer will proceed. We are committed to providing you with the solutions, services, and support to help you succeed online. We hope to continue serving you in the future".
5. Domain Transfer Completed To New Registrar
You will get a confirmation email from your new registrar received approximately four days after initiating the transfer at the current registrar. Remember that the current registrar has up to 5 days to release the transfer of the domain.
6. Other reasons that a transfer is unsuccessful
- The domain name was registered less than 60 days ago. HINT: Wait until the domain name is registered for at least 60 days before you transfer it. You can check the date it was registered in WHOIS.
- The domain name has been transferred to another registrar within the last 60 days. HINT: Wait at least 60 days since the last domain transfer to request a new transfer.
Register DOMAIN with Xeon and Take advantage of these services:
- Online ticket base support and live customer support on office period.
- Easy-to-use and feature-rich account management tool to manage your domain names.
- Domain Protect to prevent unauthorized transfers of your domain name registration.
- Automatic domain renewal, so you won't risk losing it because of a missed payment.
- Instant Web Page to get you up and running online immediately.