The only requirement is that you do not delete your current web hosting account until your new one with us is set up. Follow the steps below to ensure ZERO downtime and continued business from your website.
Moving / Transferring from other Web Host (ZERO DOWNTIME!)
- DO NOT CHANGE YOUR NAMESERVERS JUST YET NOR DELETE YOUR CURRENT WEB HOST!
- Establish a hosting account with us. You will then be able to access your new account via the server's hostname that you will get on your setup email. Start uploading your website files to your domain folder through FTP or any other site publishing software (FrontPage, Dreamweaver, HomeSite, etc.)
- In your welcome email, you will get a temporary link to access your NEW web site before anything goes live. Verify that everything is working on your NEW site (graphics, web pages, links, etc.)
Once verified, go to your registrar and change your "name servers" to those that are mentioned in your setup email.
- Your site will be updated WORLDWIDE within 24-72 hours. Note: although you may be able to see your site on the new server within possibly 12 hours, please allow a complete 72-hour cycle before you delete your old host.
- Enjoy your new site @ XeonBD. If you have any problems during the transfer, please have a touch with our TECHNICAL SUPPORT department through our ticketing system what you've done so far, and we'll help you finish it all up! EVEN IF YOU DO IT RIGHT, drop us a line and let us know that you love the speed!
Already bought a domain but want to host with us:
First step is to establish a web hosting account with us. Start by ordering any of our web hosting plans.
After the payment is verified, you will receive a setup email within 30 seconds with all the usernames / passwords to grant you server access via your assigned server hostname. Proceed to upload your files to the server via the server's hostname. MAKE SURE YOU PUT EVERYTHING IN YOUR DOMAIN FOLDER and MAKE SURE YOU RENAME YOUR HOMEPAGE "index.html", ALL LOWER CASE. Then use the temporary link provided in the email to view your site.
Once you have everything verified, return to the place where you originally registered your domain (your registrar).
In your setup email(s) there will be a pair of DNS or Nameservers. Use those DNS to change them for your domain. If you don't have a domain control panel (that is where you usually make these changes) please email your registrar or call and tell them to change your name servers to those provided to you in your setup email from us.
After the DNS changes have been made, your domain will now begin to point to your server with Host Department. This will take 24-72 hours to resolve worldwide as every ISP updates their DNS at different times.
If after 48 hours you cannot access your domain via www.yourdomain.com, please do a whois on your domain HERE to make sure your name servers show up as those provided in your setup email. If they do not, call your registrar right away to get it corrected