As we have been asking for by our users about how to setup google application on linux server (cPanel) for several times, that’s why this post is to let you know about google application. However you can say it as a do it yourself guide or tutorial for helping you to setup google application to work on your domain. What will be covered is only how to setup email.
Google application in a short: Google Apps is a service from Google for using custom domain names with several Google products. With Google Apps, you are able to setup your business email e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org to work with Gmail. Email Messaging and services have not been easier than this for business owners. For advanced configurations and setup, you may need an expert or have to be an expert on this service.
What is the benefit of moving email to Google?
Most small businesses are using the free email service for AOL, Comcast, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc… and this does not portray a professional image.
Well, come to the point:
Go to www.google.com/a and sign up for an account
If you already have a Gmail email you can use this account as the primary account to setup all the settings, or you can sign up for a new Gmail account
Setup Domain Details.
Your Name, Your Organization, how many users, etc…
Setup the Primary Master account
Setup What applications you want
For most of you your just going to want to setup Email and Calendar
The most difficult part is the Changes to DNS you will have to make.
These next steps below are copied directly from Google. They maybe a little different depending on various domain hosts.
- Sign in to your domain hosting company’s website using the username and password associated with your domain.
- Navigate to an MX record maintenance page. MX records are special DNS (Domain Name Service) records, and are often located under sections titled “DNS Management,” “Mail Server Configuration,” or “Name Server Management.” You may need to turn on advanced settings to allow editing of these MX records.
- Delete any existing MX records before entering new MX records.
- For each MX record, enter information according to the entries in the following table. You may not be allowed to enter the priority values exactly as they appear in the table below; in that case, simply ensure that the server addresses are prioritized in the same order as they appear in the table. (I.e. The priority ranking [1, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5, 5] should work just as well as [1, 5, 5, 10, 10, 10, 10] so long as you keep the addresses in the right order.) If you’re asked to specify the type of each record you’re adding, enter “MX”.
- MX records often require the specific format of DNS records, including a trailing dot (”.”) at the end of any full-qualified domain names (e.g. “server.example.com.”)
Set any TTL values to the maximum allowed.
MX Server address
Hope this article will help you on this matter efficiently and we are pleased to announce that XeonBD’s server supports google apps.
For more details please visit Google Apps admin help @ http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/static.py?page=guide.cs&guide=22229&ctx=go#