What is a Domain Transfer?
Domain Transfer is a process to transfer/change your domain registration from your existing Registrar to another new Registrar. You may submit an automatic request for a domain name transfer from another registrar to XeonBD by contacting us. Transferring a domain name to XeonBD means that you are choosing XeonBD as the registrar of record for that domain name, allowing you to take advantage of XeonBD wholesale pricing for domain name registration and renewal. Once a domain name has been transferred to XeonBD it appears in your XeonBD Single Domain / Reseller Domain control panel and can be manipulated and modified just like any other domain name in your account.
Want to transfer your domain now please click here
The XeonBD domain transfer procedure goes like this:
1. Transferring your Domain Name to XeonBD will add 1 Year to your Domain Name.
2. Your Domain Name must be at least 60 days old. You cannot transfer a Domain Name if it has been registered in the last 60 days. Please check your Domain Name Creation date by performing a WHOIS on your domain name and make sure it is at least 60 days old.
3. Transferring your Domain Name will add one year to its current expiry date. You will be charged 1-year fees for it. IMPORTANT: If your domain expired with your old Registrar, and you renewed it with them, then do not Transfer it within 45 days of the previous expiry date since it will not add 1 more year to your domain name, and you will lose out on the Renewal fees paid to the older Registrar.
4. For the domain that you are trying to transfer to XeonBD the domain’s status must be: ACTIVE & you must have the “Transfer Secret/Authentication Code/Domain Password”. If the domain transfer status shows locked/hold/suspended & you don’t know the “Transfer Secret/Authentication Code/Domain Password”. it’s not possible to transfer your domain to XeonBD. To unlock your domain please contact current your domain registrar for making the domain free for the transfer process & for your “Transfer Secret/Authentication Code/Domain Password”.
5. After that submit your domain name & Transfer Secret Code to XeonBD’s automated system (click here) & system will send a confirmation email to your domain’s present administrative contact email found in the whois of the respective domain. If you do not receive such an email, within 10-12 hrs please write to us or talk us at Phone 88 (02) 8101735 Sales HotLine: 88 019 77 936623 Fax: 88 (02) 8101736 (To know your present administrative contact email please check your domain whois)
6. You will need to click on the link contained in the confirmation email to authorize the domain registrar transfer, however, if you do not click on the link in the confirmation email within 5 calendar days to approve the transfer, the transfer will then be automatically rejected;
7. After the transfer request is confirmed XeonBD’s domain manager will process the transfer request by contacting the registry who in turn will contact the current registrar about this request.
8. (Optional step, depends on Registrar) LosingRegistrarr will re-confirm with Registrant/Admin on the transfer. (Registrant/Admin is advised to read the e-mail carefully and act accordingly.)
9. (Optional step, depends on Registrar) Registrant/Admin replies to losing Registrants confirmation email. Once the domain transfer process completes, we will inform the registrant of the relevant XeonBD account on the transfer result (failed or successful).
Note: the transfer process may take approximately 5 to 10 calendar days after you initiate and confirm the transfer request. And we strongly suggest you initiate your transfer request 2 weeks prior to the domain’s expiry date.
In order to transfer domains to XeonBD our automated process:
1. You must have to contact the email address on file for the domain name. During the transfer process, you will be required to confirm the transfer request via email. The confirmation message will be sent to the administrative contact email address on file with the current registrar for the domain name; if you do not have access to this email address, please contact your current registrar for information on changing it before initiating a Transfer of Registrar request.
2. You may NOT transfer a Domain Name if that name was registered or transferred within the past 60 days or if that name, or any information associated with it, is currently in dispute
3. com/.net domain names can only be registered for a term not to exceed 10 years.
Note: different domain extensions have different domain transfer rules.
If you have any questions concerning this, please feel free to contact us.