SiteLock is a kind of tool which main purposes are scans of the whole website daily then identify vulnerabilities and protect against threats like viruses, cross-site scripting, SQL injection and even email blacklisting.
The SiteLock™ Trust Seal provides customer confidence and increases your sales and conversions.
What types of problems does the SiteLock scan for?
SiteLock performs a Deep 360 Scan that encompasses:
- Observance of website reputation: By using SiteLock you can easily observe the reputation of the website is intact and communication to visitors and customers is uninterrupted.
- Blacklisting all Malware: monitors search engine and proprietary malware lists to make sure the site is not blocked by search engines and browsers.
- Spam blacklist: ensures that emails reach customers’ inbox (not their Spam folder), SiteLock verifies e-mail addresses, domains, and email servers against lists used by popular email tools to identify spam.
- Verification of SSL: ensures users do not see a certificate warning or error when visiting your site.
- Providing security of the network: validates the security of the network by making sure there is no opportunity for hackers to access the server.
- Driven by protection: scans the website to ensure visitors are not being infected with viruses often placed on websites by hackers.
- Customer data protection (SQL & XSS): performs forward- and backward-looking scans to make sure current and future visitor/customer data on the site is secure.
- Security of all applications: verifies that any 3rd-party applications installed on your website are secure and up-to-date.
- Verification of business: certifies the validity of the business and provides a certification badge to display to website visitors to let them know the business or website is legitimate.
- Ownership of domain: ensures that the domain owner is in control of the website domain.
- Verify postal address: verifies that the site owner can receive and respond to postal mail, such as customer payments or inquiries.
- Verification with the phone: ensures that there is a phone number where customers can report issues or request additional products or services.
SiteLock ultimate tool for your website’s security!
It is important to note that over 70% of security breaches are targeted on small businesses or particular industries. In fact, there are 160,000 new samples of malware being spotted every single day — while Trojans are now responsible for four out of five (79.9 percent) infections around the world. SiteLock aims to help businesses of all sizes to make sure a data breach is prevented.
- What happens if SiteLock finds a vulnerability?
Site visitors will not be alerted to any problem. The seal of SiteLock will enable of displaying of the last date of scan of the website site. When anyhow the owner of individual site fails to identify any problem, then within next few days SiteLock will remove the seal from the site and replace it with a single pixel transparent image. At no point will SiteLock display any indication to visitors that a website has failed a scan.
- How does SiteLock notify customers when it finds an issue?
SiteLock provides services by informing every notification of site to the owner by email, and with an alert in the SiteLock Dashboard. The report will provide complete information about the issue that is found along with help to remove it.
Site visitors will not be alerted to any problem. The seal of SiteLock will enable of displaying the last date of scan of the website site. If the site owner fails to rectify the problem, within a few days SiteLock will remove the seal from the site and replace it with a single pixel transparent image. There is no previous record that SiteLock display any indication to visitors that a website has failed a scan.
SiteLock, the Global Leader in business website security solutions, is the only web security solution to offer complete, cloud-based website protection. SiteLock has a 360-degree monitoring system to finds and fixes threats, prevents future attacks, accelerates website performance and meets PCI compliance standards for businesses of all sizes. Founded in 2008, the company currently protects over 1.5 million users worldwide. SiteLock scans won’t impact the performance of a website. The SiteLock seal has no impact on load times.